Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Iced Coffee, Fresh Bread and Sunshine!


'Tis so sweet to slurp an iced coffee on a sunny day. I was overwhelmed with a wonderful warmth as I sat outside drinking my iced coffee yesterday. I was sitting there lost in the moment and realizing how blessed I am to live in this country, this state, this city, this house and in this family. Thank you Lord for this wonderful day! This wonderful day that you ordained long before I was born. Enjoy the sunshine ya'll!

I have been baking a lot of bread lately( You all should be baking your own bread as well if you can, it is so much cheaper! And, might I add, so much tastier! :)) and decided to take some pictures of the tasty loaves while they were cooling. So enjoy, after all, most people eat with there eyes!

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

That bread looks delicious! Where do you get your bread recipes?

Kate said...

Your bread looks wonderful!
I've really been enjoying the sunny weather lately too--it's such a nice break from all the snow and rain we had last month.
I like your new profile picture too! :)

Claire said...

Thanks girls! Rebecca: I get most of my recipes from Cooks Illustrated but I have a few that have been passed down to me. I really enjoy experimenting with bread doughs. Once you get a basic recipe you can add all sorts of ingredients to make it your own or to change the entire flavor of it.

Kate: I know! This weather is something else! I love it! I hope this is a sign of what our Summer will be like. Although,I do hope that it is a little warmer--okay a lot warmer. But sunny none the less! Hope we can get together soon, maybe even just a bike ride or a run. :)

Kabe said...

Oh... That bread makes my mouth water!

Mrs. Rebekah Simon said...

The bread looks wonderful Claire! One of my goals this year is to make a lot more of my own food so that it's more natural and less processed! Do you use organic ingredients too?

Lil Hippo said...

Wow! those are beautiful (i'm sure they taste good to!). The last time me and my mom tried to make bread it didn't turn out so well. We kinda forgot about it and left it in the oven for 3 extra hours!!! Not a good plan!
~Sarah :)

Piper said...

That looks soooooooooo! good. I made a loaf of Americas favorite sandwhich bread, I really liked the recipe!

EL said...

Very beautiful bread!!

And, that iced coffee looks delicious! Yum!

The Gardner Family said...

Can I get your recipe for your french bread and you regular loaf sandwich bread?? Bread intimidates me and I am wanting to conquer my fear!

Claire said...

I suppose I could let you in on my bread making secrets...if you keep them on the "down low". Someday if I ever become a famous chef you will be sworn to secrecy though. :)
I have them on my computer so I could email them to you. Would that work?

Mrs. U said...

Oh my!! All of your breads look so lovely! Any chance you would be willing to share your recipes? YUM!

His,
Mrs. U