Friday, March 7, 2008

Watch out state... here comes Laurel!

Last night Laurel played in the Washington State Music Teachers Association (WSMTA) districts competition. She played outstandingly,there were a few brain bubbles, and she stopped a couple times but she hung on for all she was worth.(because a true muscian does not leave the bench until she or he's finished") Like the judge said, "it's not the person who plays all the right notes or doesn't mess up, it's the person who can get across what the composer was trying to say through the piece." But praise God she placed first! And will now go to the state WSMTA competition in June. I will try an upload the video of her playing sometime soon.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Tell her congratulations for me! Did she play the same piece as she did at the recital last month in Hoquiam?

Claire said...

I will..she was thrilled when they said her name.

Yes...She played "Pathetique" the first movement.

Claire

Anonymous said...

wow,very neat!
I love that song,I played it when I was 8 so,that was a while ago! :)

Stephen Bittner said...

That is a fun piece - I played it for a recital three years ago.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Lolo! Despite the fact that she never wanted to play in front of me, I always knew she would win a prize ...

Claire said...

Ohh... Elias... how good to hear from you! WE miss you guys and hope that we can see you soon... and that baby to come. :)