Monday, July 7, 2008

Independence Day Celebrations!

Wow! What a weekend! On the 4th we celebrated at the Wright's house with lots of fellowship, great food and some hilarious games! First up was the "Marshmallow Drive" the object of the game was to place a marshmallow on a tee and with a golf club send the marshmallow flying as far as you possibly could. This sounds like it wouldn't be too hard and I yes... even I... the most nonathletic person you have ever seen could maybe do this, so I gave it a shot. HA! Whatch the video below and see the results for yourself! Warning: You are about to see someone who should never hold a golf club again! We also played a water balloon toss and an egg toss. We had a marvelous time.







On the 5th we went to the Bradrick's Independence Day celebration at their farm. It did rain for a good portion of the day but we enjoyed ourselves and had a great time. It was so good to see Laurelle Michener and her family again and other people that we met at the Christian Heritage Conference in April. To start things off there were some short historical presentations and some very fun patriotic songs. Then we did a sack race, three legged race, tug of war and a water balloon toss. Yes... we were soaked and looked rather dishevled but we had so much fun! We dried off in the barn while we ate a delicious barbeque dinner. Afterwards came the pie contest. Melina and I each made a pie, Melina a pecan chocolate chip pie and I a lemon cream pie. When they announced the winners I could hardly believe my ears! I placed First in the non fruit catagory and Melina tied for Grand Prize! We were both so happy! The funny thing is, I made Melina's pie crust! She was in a hurry and saw that I had some extra pie dough in the freezer. So I will have to give her a bad time about it. :) Then we got to enjoy all the pies. Later we sang hymns around the camp fire and talked a little more. Most of the family went home but Melina and I stayed and went home with the O'Briens later. The day was so enjoyable! A huge thankyou to the Bradrick family and everyone else who helped make that day so memorable and fun. I am already looking forward to next year! I will post pics of this day soon our camera is having problems.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the video!!!

Stephen Bittner said...

Was the golf contest Nolan's Idea? :)

Claire said...

I'm not sure who had the idea... but let's just say there were several golfers there who enjoyed watching some of us make complete fools of ourselves. :)