Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sailing at Lake Quinault

We had such a fun time yesterday at Lake Quinault. Our good friends the Jones', the Gross' and the Ballous invited us to join them for an afternoon of sailing, swimming and good fellowship. We eagerly took them up on the offer and had a marvelous time. Mr. Jones is teaching me how to crew for him, it is absolutely a blast and I love every minute of it, especially when you trap out. The feeling of gliding across the water without a motor humming in your ear is wonderful.Sorry I didn't get any pictures of the day... I forgot the camera! Anyways, we ate a scrumptious dinner of teriyaki chicken shishkabobs and a four berry trifle for dessert. Some how we managed to get a flat tire on the way up but Mr. Ballou kindly offered to change it so papa wouldn't hurt his back. All in all the weather was gorgeous until about 7:30ish when some raging winds came up and we all about froze to death!

But It was so cute, almost all the way home Jia Tai sang a happy tune until he drifted to sleep in the last few minutes til reaching home. What a tremendous day!

3 comments:

sbackholm said...

Lame. No pictures.

Paige said...

Stephen, Stephen, Stephen. "If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothin' at all."

On the contrary, it sounds like you guys had a great time! Very fun. I wish that I could see pictures but I'll imagine you on the water sailing!

Claire said...

That's right Stephen! Thankyou Paige! It was a wonderful time and I am kicking myself for forgetting the camera.