Friday, February 29, 2008

Catering with O'briens

The standing dare is to drink this concoction of every drink at the table poured into this pitcher... no one has done it yet ")
We dry each piece silverware by hand and each mug and each plate... let's see tonights small job consisted of about 330 pieces of silverware, only about 4 dozen mugs,( they had a coffee station) 250 plates.
A nice clean kitchen
Some tired employees and an exhausted employer

Lots of dirty plates
Our precious minutes to eat
hmmm... enjoy your meal Laurel!
Shawn stopped by and insisted that I put his picture up on my blog Mrs. O'Brien

Clearing plates
Plate srapings
Serving Dessert
I say "Good Show"
Can he do it?


Setting up the room
Filling water glasses
They call him the potato king
The O'briens should invest in smaller gloves ")
SALADS

I have worked for the O'Briens for let's see... 3 years and two weeks.... and I have not one picture of any of the jobs I have worked. So sad... So I decided that I must capture the great fun we have working together. Sorry... I have not quite figured out how to upload pictures in the right order and wear I want them...so bare with the unorderly fashion that they are on my blog.

Last night my sister, Laurel, Kate Sand and I worked for the local catering company "O'Briens Catering." I always have a great time working for them, they are such a godly couple and I can't be around them enough. In a way, they are kinda like my second parents. I love them dearly. Anyways, back to the joys of this job... first we set all the tables... napkins, silverware, glasses, salt & peppers. Then we venture back to the kitchen and prepare salads, cut the bread loaves, make up butter dishes, make gallons of coffee and do more food prep.



Then we serve dinner...tonight happened to be plate service... usually it is a buffet line. we serve salads and bread
then clear dishes, then we serve dinner and clear more dishes, then we serve dessert and clear more dishes. Then we come back to the kitchen and grab a quick bite to eat. After scarfing down some food, we begin attaking the piles of dishes and silverware and glasses and coffee mugs. After lots of soap and elbow grease the dishes are done, but the room still has to be cleared.
Later, after scraping ranch dressing of our aprons and hands ( people can sure be messy!) Pouring out coffee grounds and loading up the van... we are on our way to the O'Brien's house to unload. By this time we are usually dragging but we rely on funny comments and the memories of past jobs to keep us going. Finally it's empty and it is all put away. Another successful job!

8 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Claire, nice pictures from last night! I hope you've recovered from all the hard work. :)

Claire said...

Yes... I am recovered. Yet, today feelslike it should be Saturday or Sunday, not Friday. We have had a lazy day inside eating molasses cookies and drinking tea.

Claire

Stephen Bittner said...

I love that picture of Mr. O'Brien - it is so disturbing!

Stephen B. said...

Wow that is fun. Grate pic.

Stevo

Claire said...

I like that pic of Mr. O'brien too!

What a great couple to have as our employers.

Claire

Stephen B. said...

Ya rely! They are the best! They are so cute!! I love to just stand back and watch them work together.

Stevo

Anonymous said...

Hey Claire!
I like your blog a lot - especially this entry about O'B's catering... Mr. Potato is the best, awesome!
These pics remind me so much of the wonderful time Esther and I spent in Aberdeen one and a half years ago, such fond memories with all these great people. I sometimes wish we could come and visit you guys like - let's say - tomorrow... (",) Ok, first, we are going to have our baby at the end of May...
Many blessings to all Aberdonians we know,
Elias

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.