Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spring Gardening

The Peach Tree Above: The Green House
Below: a strawberry plant



Oh...I love this time of year! When you can be outside in the sweet spring air without getting drenched. My sister, Laurel, and I have started working to grow our garden this year. At the begining of the year we purchased a green house and placed an order with Territorial Seeds down in Oregon for our plants. We are going to try our hands at growing: lettuce, carrots, beets, tomatoes, kale, cucumbers, artichokes, green beans, rosemary, french tarragon, thyme, oregano, basil, figs, apples, raspberries (my favorite), blueberries, strawberries and a peach tree. I know... you are thinking we must be crazy but we are very excited to grow some very yummy produce for our family. I will keep my blog posted with pictures and info over the summer on how the gardens growing.

5 comments:

Stephen B. said...

How fun! I am jealous of you I am cooped up in my room studying 12 to 15 hr. a day and have only gone outside two times in the last three days.

So, Have Fun!

Stevo

Claire said...

Poor Guy...it has been gorgeous outside, perfect gardening weather.

Claire

Stephen B. said...

Ya I know! The sun is poring in the window and my heart is acking to fly out the dour and get all hot and sweaty working outside. But Life is life...
Anyway what are you doing in side right now? You should be out side enjoying this wonderful weather before it leaves. =)

Claire said...

Because I was getting ready to go to work and I was sitting with my feet up for a few minutes before a night on my fee.")

Claire

Stephen B. said...

Well good for you



hey thank for taking this word verification off.

Stevo